Send press releases, write great content, do something outrageous, hold a contest, become a source and share your expertise, pay others a commission to sell your product or service through an affiliate program… these are just a few of the most talked about ways to build buzz. How would you like to learn four new ways to build buzz? Well, today’s you’re lucky day. Just keep reading and I’m almost certain you’ll learn something new today — something you can include in your next buzz marketing campaign.
1. Give back with free advertising. Instruct your blog and/or website visitors to recommend your product or service through social networking or with a link on a relevant website or blog. Then let them know you’ll thank them with some free advertising for their blog, website, product or service on a website or blog you manage that’s relevant to what they’re advertising. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about.
2. Return the favor. Let others know if they’ll write and publish an article or profile about you, your product or service, or if they interview you and publish the interview, you’ll be happy to return the favor by writing and publishing an article or profile about them or publishing your interview with them on a relevant website, blog or in a print publication.
3. Share your story. How did you get to where you are today? What inspired the idea for the product you’re trying to sell? Write your story and publish it on your website, blog and social network accounts. Then if your stories fascinating enough, it will draw attention that, of course, will build buzz.
4. Donate to a worthy cause. Give away your product or service to help charities. Not only will the charities and people you help appreciate your kindness, but they’ll say good things about you as well. Here are a few examples to give you a better idea:
- Donate your parenting book to a non-profit organization for parents.
- Give your non-fiction or fiction book about domestic violence to women in a non-profit group for survivors and victims. You could also speak to the group on the topic or share your own personal story (if you’re a survivor).
- If you’ve written and published a book for children, visit hospitals for children and foster homes. While you’re there, hand out copies of your book to the children. Also, visit with the children and offer to read your book to them.
- Are you trying to build buzz for your writing services? Like the books, donate your services to help charities. This is the only time I recommend writing for free.
Feel free to utilize one, two, three or all four methods to build buzz. Don’t stop there, though, every so often follow up with the charities you helped to find out how your product or service helped them. If the reports are good, send a press release to share the news. Be sure your press release mentions the charity and what you did for that charity.
Feel free to use the comments section to share your unique ideas on how to build buzz. Furthermore, if you utilize any of the four ideas I shared and earn buzz for your product or service, please return here and leave a comment to let me know which ideas you used and what the results were.