If you’re currently working on a fiction novel or planning to write one soon, then I encourage you to enter my Mentoring Session Contest, which is open to all writers.
What the Lucky Winner Will Receive
2. Honest (but gentle) criticism of your writing, query, synopsis, chapter by chapter outline and press release.
3. Free editing.
4. List of possible publishers to market your book to.
5. List of possible book reviewers.
6. A review of your book from me. The review will be published here as well as on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
7. An interview with you that will be published on this blog.
8. Marketing advice.
9. A special gift valued at $30. This special gift will be announced at a later date, because I need to check to see how I can purchase a gift subscription first.
10. In addition to everything above, you’ll receive mentoring from me until you’ve written the last word in your book. If it continues over three years, though, I might have to announce an expiration date.
How to Enter
1.Post an announcement about the Fiction Writing Tips series along with the Mentoring Session Contest on your blog. Please link the words Fiction Writing Tips to http://mistisandefur.com/category/fiction-writing-tips-series, and link the words Mentoring Session Contest to this post.
After you’ve placed the announcement and links, return here and leave a comment with the link to your post. Once I confirm that you’ve followed the directions above, I’ll place your name in the hat for the Mentoring Session Contest.
2. Comment on any of the posts in the Fiction Writing Tips series, which will begin May 25, 2008.
3. Follow me on Twitter. Once you’ve completed this task, return to this post and leave a comment letting me know what name you go by on Twitter. You won’t be entered if you “follow” me but don’t return here to let me know your Twitter name. So immediately after you follow me, make sure you return here to let me know the name you use on Twitter.
4. Subscribe to Life of a Writer via e-mail. Soon after you subscribe, I’ll send you an e-mail to let you know you’ve been entered. At this time, I’ll ask for your name, because your name is what I’ll use when I announce the winner. Furthermore, I’ll also ask you for the link to your writing-related blog or website.
Perform all four tasks and you’ll receive four entries in the Mentoring Session Contest, increasing your chances of winning!
In regards to commenting on the Fiction Writing Tips series, if your comment is of a spam nature, then I won’t approve it — nor will you receive an entry into the Mentoring Session Contest. If you post an actual comment that adds value and is not spam, you’ll be just fine.
The winner of the Mentoring Session Contest will be announced here on July 1, 2008, and I’ll also notify you via email so we can get the mentoring session started. In addition to announcing your name as the winner, I’ll also link to your writing-related blog or website. The winner will be drawn from a hat after Midnight (CST) on June 30, 2008.
Don’t be shy, enter today!